Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tires & Tender Mercies

A couple of weeks ago, I left work a little after 5:00, only to discover that I had a flat tire on my car.  Now, I know how to change a tire, but I was afraid with my weak, little arms it might take a while so I went and asked someone to help me.  I wanted to make sure I would have time to take my tire in and get it repaired before the shop was closed.  I am really glad that I found someone that was willing to help.  The kind man that helped me had to work pretty hard to get my rusted-on tire off.  I don't think I would have been able to do it alone.  It took quite a while, and I started to really worry that the shop would be closed.  We finally got the donut on, and I was on my way, the whole time praying that I would be able to get it repaired that night.  Amazingly enough, I made it to the tire shop about 15 minutes before they closed and was able to get the tire fixed.  I felt like that was a real blessing from Heavenly Father, a tender mercy.  Yes, it was a little thing, and yes, I could have gotten it fixed the next day, but it was such a relief to get it taken care of that night.  I think it is sometimes those little things that help me to feel God's love, and to feel awed and amazed that He would even help me with something so trivial.  I know that we are truly children of God.  He loves us as a father does and He wants to help us.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks R. Durfee. :) It's amazing how much we see His hand in our lives, when we are open to seeing it. You are such a great example to me of someone who really trusts God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this post. It is always good to be reminded that Heavenly Father loves us and is aware of our needs. Glad things worked out with your tire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this post. It is always good to be reminded of our Heavenly Father's love for us and what we need when we need it. I am glad everything worked out with your tire!

    ReplyDelete